Thursday 1 June 2017

Truffle hunting and tree pruning


Just over half of the first truffiere planting has now been pruned. Its a really big undertaking specially out in the cold winter days. Lots more to do as today because Fahren, our oldest truffle dog, wanted my undivided attention I only managed to finish half a row. We are now both back inside and she is now curled up in my lounge chair in front of a warm fire.
Hazel and oak trees
It's while Fahren is asleep that Tawdiffu  (truffle dog number two) and I sneak out to do a quick truffle hunt. The dog quickly found a couple of ripe beauties and we also marked two trees for a later harvest. We have now left the the truffiere and as I put down the bag to close the gate Tawdiffu checks out the bags letting me know that there is more truffle to be found and not under a tree.
Hey mum there's more truffle in the bag I can smell it

No comments:

Post a Comment